Aug 14,2019 • Filed to: Video Downloader and Recorder • Proven solutions
Video downloadhelper free download - Adobe Presenter Video Express, YTD Video Downloader, Camfrog Video Chat, and many more programs. It provides a way to write files to the disk. The only ways to write a file from a browser add-on is to use the downloads API which basically takes an URL and transfers the data verbatim to the downloads directory. Even if the downloaded data can be generated internally by the add-on, it is not suitable to writing big files like videos.
Many Google Chrome users are confused about what to do if they want to download videos from YouTube, Facebook or other sites on browser directly. They want to find some Video DownloadHelper Chrome like the Video DownloadHelper for Firefox. If you have the same question, or you can not choose the best one after found many Video DownloadHelper for Google Chrome alternatives. No worry! Here we will help you to choose the best Google Chrome Video DownloadHelper, helping you to download videos from any video-sharing sites on your browsers.
Part 1. The Best DownloadHelper Chrome for Mac and Windows
iTube HD Video Downloader is a good solution to download video directly in Chrome, which is a video downloadhelper Chrome extension for Mac (macOS 10.14 Mojave included) and Windows. iTube Chrome Extension adds a 'Download' button to every video on the supported website like YouTube, Google, Facebook, Vevo and other 10,000+ similar sites. It's even more convenient than DownloadHelper. Thus highly recommended as a DownloadHelper for Chrome alternative.
iTube HD Video Downloader - The Best Video DownloadHelper Chrome Alternative
- Supports to download videos from more than 10,000 video sites in Chrome, Safari, Chrome and IE directly.
- Converts videos to all regular formats and devices without installing anything else.
- Equipped with a video recorder which allows to capture any online video from any site.
- Transfer feature to send downloaded videos from Chrome to mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Android devices.
- Easily download video or music files from a sharing link of online backup services providers like Dropbox.
- Private Mode to download whatever private videos you like under protection of a password known by yourself only.
How to Download Video with DownloadHelper Chrome Alternative
Step 1. Launch Download Helper for Chrome Mac
After downloaded the setup, double click to open it and a wizard will guide you through installing thisVideo DownloadHelper step by step. After installation, the program will launch automatically. And then install the iTube extension in your Chrome before downloading videos in Chrome.
Step 2. One Click to Download Video in Chrome
Now, just go to play the video you want to download in Chrome. You will see a 'Download' button appears on the video window, click it to start fetching and downloading online video to computer.
Besides the 'Download' button, this DownloadHelper Chrome app also helps you download video via the video URL. Simply drag and drop the URL to the program for downloading. Or copy and paste URL with the 'Paste URL' button, your video will be downloaded.
Step 3. Convert FLV video to MP3 (Optional)
iTube DownloadHelper for Chrome features powerful video conversion tools so you can watch online video anywhere without using internet connection. To convert the downloaded video, go to 'Download' menu and view the videos in 'Downloaded' tab, and then click 'Add to Convert List' to import the videos to the 'Convert' menu.
And click the 'Convert' on the right of each video. In the window that appears, choose the output format you want to start the conversion.
Video Tutorial on How to Download Video with DownloadHelper Chrome Alternative
Part 2. More Tips about Video DownloadHelper Chrome
Actually, Chrome web store provides you with a Video Downloader professional allowing you to download web videos or add them to your favorite list. However, this Chrome video downloader does not support downloading YouTube videos. And if you enable the video downloader on your Chrome browser, it will change the settings of your browser and sometimes get unknow stuck on playing videos. So it is better for you to choose the more safe and powerful DownloadHelper Chrome alternative.
Video DownloadHelper for Chrome Not Working: Common Issues with Video Downloadhelper Chrome
1. DownloadHelper not downloading YouTube videos
Sometimes, when you are using Video DownloadHelper for Chrome, you might notice that the add-on stops downloading videos from YouTube. This can be as a result of a browser compatibility issue, especially after the add-on is automatically updated. To fix the problem, simply remove the DownloadHelper add-on and try installing an older version.
2. DownloadHelper for Chrome not working after browser update
Updating the Chrome browser is another issue that can lead to compatibility problems with the Video DownloadHelper add-on, thus causing the extension not to work. If you have recently updated your browser and the Video DownloadHelper has stopped working, first try to update your add-on to the latest version. If that does not work, roll back the add-on and the Chrome browser to an earlier version.
3. DownloadHelper is not downloading some videos
When downloading videos using DownloadHelper, you might realize that the add-on is not downloading some specific types of videos, especially ones that are not MP4. In this case, the problem might not be the add-on, but the videos. To fix the problem, try using an alternative video downloader that also comes with a converter, for example, iTube HD Video Downloader.
Downloadhelper For Chrome Download
Comparison of Downloadhelper for Chrome & Downloadhelper for Firefox & iTube HD Video Downloader
|Downloadhelper for Firefox|
|Downloadhelper for Chrome|
|iTube HD Video Downloader|
Part 3. Top 5 Video DownloadHelper Chrome Alternatives
Google Chrome is a leading web browser developed by Google Inc. These days, lots of Google Chrome users are quite confused about best video downloader add-on for Chrome. Video Download Helper is always the great option but currently, users throughout the world are facing several problems in DownloadHelper add-on on Chrome. So, it is better to choose reliable and powerful alternative to DownloadHelper. If you are seeking for the best alternative of DownloadHelper then, this is the right place for you.
Grab Any Media is one of the best alternatives of Downloadhelper. This is open source video downloader that is added by Leonardociaccio in the second quarter of 2014. Getting engaging with this tool, one can download videos and music from Facebook, YouTube, and from other platforms. Currently, it is fully compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, as well as Yandex Browser for Android and iOS devices.
Video Downloadhelper Chrome Crx
- It is not limited to video only; one can also download audio using Grab Any Media.
- Grab Any Media support a wide range of media format such as .FLV, .MP4, .MP3, and many others.
- It is banned from Google Chrome store. You can download it from their official website if you want to use.
Video Downloader professional is another alternate of Video Downloadhelper. This is the great way to download video from any website using Chrome. With Video Downloader professional, you can download any type of video from different sources. There are numerous of file format supported by this add-on.
- It is very easy to use. There is no need for any special computer skill to use this extension.
- It is fully functional, unlike many other extensions.
- Video Downloader professional is free of cost.
- Due to Google Policy, it is not possible to download video from YouTube directly using Video Downloader Professional.
- Some functions are quite complex.
Flash Video Downloader is one of the best video downloader extensions available on Google Chrome Store. This is downloader extension is mainly designed to download audio, video from various video-sharing sites.
- With this extension, you can download both videos and audio from different sources.
- This tool is completely free; you don’t have to pay to access this extension.
- Most of the users are complaining that they are getting video without audio.
- YouTube downloading is disabled in its Chrome extension.
Facing problem while using Video Downloadhelper? You can try EagleGet Free Downloader to download media files. This is all-in-one download manager tool that is designed for Google Chrome. EagleGet Free Downloader is fully compatible with Windows 10, 8.1,8, 7, Vista, and Windows XP.
- It is easier to use.
- Available free of cost.
- The download is faster.
- It is not possible to download Yahoo attachment file.
Google Downloadhelper Add On
Getting engaging with Flash Video Downloader Pro, you can download music and video from any website all over the internet. You can click on the extension icon to starts downloading. With this extension, download media file of any format such as .flv, .mp3, and many others.
- Unlike other extensions, it is fast and secure.
- There are no ads, Spy, and malware.
- The process of downloading is very easier.
- Sometimes, it causes an error during slow internet connection.
- Limited support for websites such as Hotstar, Sonyliv, and others.